Sunday 14 June 2015

EXPLORING LDN | SOHO - GRUB - Cutter & Squidge

After one failed attempt to get here, determined, Mimi and I finally made it, and we were ready to get our mitts on some CAKE AND MORE CAKE AND OTHER CAKE LIKE THINGS. 


Buried deep in Soho is the Cutter & Squidge pop up, and thankfully it was still here - after getting a frightening panic the evening before thinking it had popped off.


I come across Cutter & Squidge on instagram about 2 months ago, and instantly knew I had to visit. The decor and branding is so wholesome, and colourful, with its friendly 'countryside' appeal. Really original and rather adorable.


I mean, how could you possibly NOT want to try one of these beauties?! The creations above are called 'Biskies' created especially by Cutter & Squidge and are a cross between a cake, a cookie, and a biscuit. And I can confirm - they are an utter triumph. 




I was so proud of my time- efficient and swift selection, considering the array of tantalising flavours in front of me. I went for the 'Chocolate Coconut Smore Biskie', and to, logically, counteract the chocolate overload, my second choice was the 'We Bake a Tart Well'.

The actual Biskie itself is close in texture, and pleasantly soft, quite similar to a 'Whoopie Pie' but less thick and stodgy - they are the perfect sweet treat.


Also on offer, are a selection of 'Dreamcakes'; tall, colourful and exceptionally, as the title would suggest - dreamy. 


I had to didn't I - I'd been to the gym the day before, so, you know, it was fine. I had the situation under control. In the end, it was between the above and 'Apple of my Pie' - which had some kind of apple puree filling which was super enticing, but in the end I decided to go for the 'Cookies'n'Cream'. 

The sponge was so moist and dense, but in no way heavy, and the buttercream was super light and whipped to perfection - but there was a lot of it, and it was very sweet so I couldn't quite manage it all. The slice was finished off at the top with a tiny biskie embossed with a little 'C&S' stamp, which was a lovely, sweet touch. 


One of the main things I love about this company, is that they themselves, are health concious - much like myself - so they have purposefully created products that aren't laden with the bad stuff.

 They use no hydrogenated fats, no artificial flavourings, colourings, or preservatives, and use premium, and British ingredients whenever possible, and its this kind of authentic, considered ethic that makes me champion Cutter & Squidge; it makes everything you buy worth the money you pay for it. 

AESTHETIC: 8.5/10
GRUB: 9/10

Would I return and recommend? - Uh, YAH.

So get yourself down to their Soho pop-up, like, NOW. Ok, maybe not right now, because I don't think they are open, but, when you get an indulgent itch, get scratching with the help of these pals.

No comments:

Post a Comment