Saturday 27 June 2015

DESTINATION: VEGETATION

I often find it hard to relax.



I've come to realise my mind never fully switches off - well obviously not Courtney because then you'd be dead - even if I think it has. Even if I decide to actually do nothing, it still will usually entail constantly jotting down things in my phone, or googling things before I forget them, its something I can't help but do.

I've discovered, its hard to completely disconnect. 

So, whilst on this learning curve of disengagement, I've decided to compile a helpful, cute little list of things to do to simply unravel yourself...



1) READ 


There are so many things I want to read, the fact of which is is reflected very overtly in my extensive Amazon wishlist. I love magazines, yet I take so irritatingly long to read them, but when I do, I find them so motivating and they inject me with surge of drive. Par exemple: I absolutely loved this article from the June edition of Elle, and found it so, so, so inspiring. 


I don't know whether its an irrational dislike of things ending that prevents me from completing them with great speed, or maybe, its down to the apparent difficulty I have with solely focussing on one thing and one thing only - but what I do know is, its a ruddy good way to relax, and I need to get better at it.

2) BINGE




I remember a time when this was all I did in my spare moments, and now, the attention span I once had to endure 44 million seasons of a show in 2 hours seems to have dissipated. I do indulge in MIC on a daily basis, but binge watching is something I've noticed I haven't partaken in as much as everybody else seems to nowadays. When I think about it though, it probably is the most effective method of mental relief - I gots to get myself back on the binge-wagon! 

3) PAMPER




I remember a time when this was also all I did in my spare moments - alongside being a serial binger. I would be forever painting my nails, labouring over them, dedicating whole days to their condition, continually changing colours and intricate nail art. Although my strong infatuation may have fizzled out somewhat, I still appreciate a fine manicure, and the maintenance of them is something I have, well, maintained. So, switch off and focus on your talons; file them, shape them, buff them, polish them, slather them in oil and moisturise like mofo! Making time for you is time well spent...ya'feel?



And, obviously, pampering yourself is inclusive of much more than just preening your phalanges. Face Masks are the ultimate relaxing indulgence, so treat yo'self, and go and buy one if you haven't already! As a Face Mask newbie (...fewbie? mewbie? fmewbie?) I can now informatively confirm that they're a pretty sweet treat - and they make your face feel alright an'all. 

4) BAKE  



I know, I know - baking is somewhat productive and doesn't warrant much vegetation, BUT - it is personally something I have found to be rather relaxing. It detaches you from anything that's playing on your mind and actually forces you to focus entirely on one thing - really, it does. Baking may not be for everyone, and I am aware that some people find it a purely infuriating and arduous task, but for me, it flicks the switch - plus, you get something to push in your face at the end. YAY. EATING IS FUN. 



...SEE!

Now, go and read, go and pamper, go and binge and go and bake!

...maybe not all at the same time, eh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment