Thursday 4 June 2015

EXPLORING LDN | SHOREDITCH - GRUB





...that got your attention didn't it. 

First stop of this magical ride of oral titillation (god that sounded sexual)... 


DUM DUM DUMMMMMMM. 

...donuterrie.



I've been following Dum Dum on instagram for so bloody long. Like, so long.The longest time. Pining to go there everytime they pop up in my feed, my stomach crying a little with every photo of their mammoth cronuts and glossy donuts. I was elated when I found out they were even closer to me with their pop-up in Stratford Westfield, but that dream was short-lived when I went there and they were no where to be seen. Sigh. 


ALAS, fate finally allowed me to experience some Dum Dum! Myself and Holly both got the same; A raspberry donut ( our tradition) which was only £2 and the (rather mammoth) 'Cro-nutella' cronut, priced at £3 - so £5 for two gourmet donuts! Quite a cheerful price if you ask me!


Baked not fried - such an appealing USP. Its always nice to know that your super indulgent treat has been made in a healthier manner; makes you feel a little less naughty. Tehehehe.

NEXT STOP;


As mentioned in a previous post, I had already scoped out this little gem beforehand; the minute I saw their branding and logo I was sold, and the trip there did not disappoint...



Coffee is something I want to know more about, I feel like such a novice and I don't like that. I went for a latte, served to me with a complimentary glass of water. The coffee itself was lovely. Smooth, rich, decadent and perfectly frothy. I normally add sweetener to my coffee, but I actually got through half of it questioning the need for it because it was that flavoursome.



There were some suuuuuuuper super kewt, totally kitsch, tremendously tempting donuts with an animated aesthetic (One called 'The Homer' - basically a real life version of Homers famous donuts - SO COOL) on offer - which I later found out were made by a company/business/lady called 'Vickys Donuts'. I didn't get the chance to snap them on the day, but after looking at their adorable, fun and cartooned branding and instagram page, I really would love to try them. If it looks good, you've got me interested. 


Can't afford a city break to the Big Apple? - NBD, Brooklyn Coffee with scratch that itch.

This small space was absolutely oooozing with an undeniably cool, trendy New York vibe; the interior was stripped back, bare, very minimal and modern. I say this with no exaggeration, but sitting in the window of Brooklyn Coffee was a truly transporting experience. Holly and I both agreed, as we enjoyably people watched on a sunny Saturday morning, that we felt as though we had been picked up and dropped into NYC. I don't know how they do it, but, they do, and it just feels so considered and authentic. Authenticity is exactly what this place transmits, which makes it so appealing and unique.


THE MAIN EVENT;


 OH HAI BLEECKER STREEEEEEET.

Um. AMAZING. Yep. You'erd - AMAZING.



Because I know there is so much more food to try throughout London, and from all the various food markets we wish to visit, I find myself very rarely 'craving' somewhere we've already been. BUT. BUT. Bleecker wins a prize, because the other day I got a very specific Bleecker hankering.

how could you not?!


A single cheeseburger and sweet potato fries - £10. 

This is worth more than £10. Its better than any burger I've had at any chain restaurant and probably paid double the price of a Bleecker for. The meat, THE MEAT, the meat. It melts in your mouth. It just disintegrates, and the recommendation of medium rare is bang on the money. Its flavoursome, its light, its juicy. After we'd devoured the burger, Holly and I said we felt like we hadn't even eaten anything, because it was so delicate it didn't give you that horrid full feeling, The sweet potato fries were the best, like, honestly they were the best, and the generous portion size was a much appreciated touch. We both want to go back - period; we want to go back for the double cheeseburger, but I also really want to try to Bleecker Black (double cheeseburger with a slice of black pudding), since its so raved about and just looks so delicious. Bleecker, you ma no.1.

GO THERE - you'll just have to get behind me in the queue. 










No comments:

Post a Comment