Wednesday 15 July 2015

RECIPE : BANANA, DATE AND ALMOND MILK SMOOTHIE

Its like having toffee for breakfast.


The warmth of the cinnamon, its indulgent, thick milkshake consistency and super super sweet flavour make this concoction the ideal guilt-free treat for when that sweet tooth comes and taps you on the shoulder; so I suggest you whip up this bad boy and get slurpin'!



I've been getting up early everyday this week so far - and it feels rather lovely - and I knew today that I wanted to invest some of my morning in making a smoothie for breakfast. Taking into consideration how amazingly yummy the smoothie was that I made in my previous post - Link here! - I thought I would just make that again...

...but, I had a burning itch to try something new - and then I had a brainfart. 

Inspired by my friend Jess' (www.alltheworld-blog.com) post on Instagram of her morning smoothie made with a banana, dates, coffee and oats, and by my recent purchase of Dates, I decided to do a little googling for a delightful Date smoothie recipe. Low and behold, who popped up first? None other than the idolised goddess of an accessible, healthy lifestyle - Deliciously Ella. 

*CLICK*



I don't know how appreciative everyone was of me firing up the Nutribullet and allowing roars of frozen banana being bludgeoned and blended to echo throughout the house at 7am:

...but, I know it was certainly worth all the racket.


Heres what you'll need:

*This recipe serves 2, so I just halved everything
2 large ripe bananas 
– 1 and a 1/2 cups of almond milk (make sure it’s cold)
– 6 medjool dates
– 2 teaspoons of almond butter (I used peanut butter)
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
* I used a frozen banana to ensure it was cold, and this definitely made it extra thick and indulgent so I really, really recommend frozen! 

*I also added 1/3 cup of Oats into the recipe, to make it a little more filling and authentically
 breakfast-like!

*I also added a linseed mix for extra omega 3's, but forgot to add the chia seeds I bought yesterday - DUH. One day I will remember everything...




Once you've thrown everything in, blend it up for a good 2-3 minutes to ensure optimum velvety goodness!


It feels so warm and gratifying to take importance in preparing yourself a nutritious, delicious breakfast. 


CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. This looks gorgeous! I'm trying to get back into smoothie making now the weather is a little warmer and I don't begrudge getting up as early.

    Do you have any other recommended recipes?

    Becky
    Blogger & The Geek

    ReplyDelete