Monday 29 September 2014

Loading up the Staplegun

I mean, oh my freakin holy bajebus are Missguided serving up some smokin' hot shizz or what?! They can do NO wrong. I will happily spend a considerably unhealthy amount of time perusing their website; they've got to be the no.1 place to shop at the moment - everything is just bang on the money money money money...MONAYYY.

And after perving all over that dang website, I think its time to wittle down some a/w must-have staples...

£17.99
1) THE LEATHER SKIRT

A few years ago, I would have thought only of Kat Slater if you mentioned a leather skirt to me. Alas, the past is the past, and fashion continually regurgitates the past and updates the present.

I would most likely dress it down, with either a casual tee or a big oversized jumper (cheeky roll neck mate) - maybe with converse, or some kind of chunky chunk chunk of a boot. I love the diversity of texture it brings to an outfit, and, as I begin to fall deep in love with all black outfits, varying textures are beginning to interest me more and more.

I've also seen them styled with a fitted jumper and clean collar which looks cute as; prim and proper with a polished charm.

And, to put it quite plainly; its always nice to not wear trousers once in a while. (ahem, ahem, missus practicality.)


£21.99


1) THE ROLL NECK

Teamed with the above, you've got a slammin' outfit. One of the ASOS stylists I follow on instagram lives in one of these, and they just look so cosy. Cosy, and I'm slowly running out of superlatives. Me likey the roll neck. (Insert dreamy images of you in your roll neck wandering around Winter Wonderland with some kind of warm beverage soaking up the frosty London drizzle.)

They combine my want of being both comfortable, and stylish. There are so many out there, and I know I'm looking for a more oversized, slouchy fit. I'm certain I will wear it to death. Infact, I will wear it so often by the end of winter it will look like a Wildfox jumper (you know, those ones.) and I'll be able to sell it for like £120 quid. Cashback.

BASICALLY, its a basic. An A/W 14 must, and I canny wait to get ma manicured mitts on the perfect snug-ass one, because, baby - it will get cold outside.

£29.99
3) THE BLACK RIPPED SKINNY

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure how well these will fare in the colder climate, but they just look so bloody ace. Like, they just look badass. And they make any ordinary outfit look 4000 times better. Sometimes I'll be wearing something and think, if I had some black ripped skinnies (a rather specific missing ingredient) this would be vastly and greatly improved.

I mean, with anything and everything they look fucking cool as. YES I SWORE, THEY REQUIRE PROFANITY OK.

You just gotta find the perfect rip, you know, not too much so your legs turn blue. I think I'll want more than just a bit of a knee flash - aw yeah, sexy sexy - and maybe go for a more extreme rip.

Have a strong urge to rock out to Stevie Nicks 'Edge of Seventeen' now. Holla if you know what film that is prominent in. ;)

£22.99

4) THE FEDORA 

Now, I've been wanting one of these bloody things for way over a year. Its gotten ridiculous. I don't think I've pined for something so continually, like, ever. Maybe, I dunno. I JUST WANT ONE. And, fyi - this is from ASOS, because MG don't offer a tan/brown fedora, which is ok, its fine, I still love them lots.

I think I just prefer the way a tan one looks; I think it can soften an outfit, and when I've tried on black and tan I've always preferred it over the black. I think its probably because of my dark brown (sometimes mistaken for black) hair, and so the black fedora makes it all look a bit too morbid around the head area.

I am just desperado to get me one of these. I need me a fedora the explorer guise. One WILL be mine.


5) THE BOOT


I spotted the snakeskin beautys a little while ago, and then saw Laura from Lauras Little Locket styling exactly the same pair - but not from MG. They are just so sleek, and sexy and I love the texture. I can imagine them going perfect with the ripped jeans, roll neck, and my maroon gillet I got from ASOS last year for Christmas. They could easily dress up an outift, or add a sophisticated touch to an otherwise casual combo. I'm dreaming of them paired with some khaki silk joggers, or a khaki shirt! 
The biker babes I have only just spotted and I love the ankle strap and the quilting at the back of the shoe. I can also show some love for the heel height and cleated sole, its a bit more wearable/comfortable for everyday, and I'm always looking out for a wearable heel. These would look rather luvleh with some black denim cut-offs (with primark super cosy's fo'sho) and a big oversized jumper and mahoosive scarf; or even with high waisted skinnies, and a cute drop hem top for a softer, feminine spin.



both £34.99

After reading an article in last months Womens Health, all about important staples for all seasons, I realised how important it is to make sure you have your basics. So, fingers crossed I'll be posting about having these in my possession soon! 

What are your A/W14 winter staples?

Adios chickitas



No comments:

Post a Comment