Wednesday 24 June 2015

MY PINTEREST WEEKLY ROUNDUP #1

I love Pinterest. 



And to think there was a time when I thought that the only purpose of Pinterest was just to show you how to manufacture striped straws and decorate mason jars. (Well, I'm not entirely wrong there.)

Nowadays I struggle to think where I would be without it, its a mood-lifter, its an constant source of inspiration, it enhances your outfit, but most important of all - Pinterest enhances your life. 

I pin all day long. I am fully aware that I could very easily spend countless hours doing that very activity, but I have to actively refrain daily in fear of wasting my life. So. I'm going to share some images that have ignited some impassioned inspiration this week.

  Oh lawdy, narrowing this down is going to be emotional.

PLAYIN' IT COOL 


1) This outfit, this picture, is just wholly, and completely inspiring. Its this kind of androgynous styling that I am absolutely smitten with; its so laid back, and nonchalant and attractive. The sunglasses, the suit, the hair pulled back, the vans, the bracelets, the glow, the cafe, the croc patterned handbag perched on the table - yes, yes, everything, YES. 

2) Nuff said.

KEEPIN' IT BRIGHT


3) I've discovered over the past few months the very simple fact that - bright colours make me happy - so I always make sure the background of my phone encompasses just that, plus - it gives my Pinterest perusing a purpose. 

  • The image on the far left is on my home screen at the moment, I clicked on it initially because I was smitten with the colours, but then when it loaded and I noticed brush strokes, I was hooked, and I couldn't stop looking at it - basically guise, it made my eyes go funny and I liked it. 

  • I'm a sucker for illustration, I love it, its one of my favourite things, just, ever - and if its of food, even better, aaaand if its watercolour - you've got me weak and the knees and head over heelsAnd so, promptly after reading an article on Vogue online about the top 10 Ice cream spots in London, I put two and two together and found these adorable creations on Pinterest. (How cute is the 'funny feet' though?!)

SOAKIN' UP THE SUN


4) Perfection. I know the outfit is entirely black, but this to me is Summer perfection; effortless cool. It's getting harder and harder to resist irrationally buying a pair of double strap Birkenstock sandals with every perfectly poised instagram photo I see - and this one doesn't help either. 

5) I don't want to use this phrase, but there is nothing else but this that comes to mind; MAJOR INSPO. I am planning on doing another photoshoot or two over the summer, before I start Uni, and as soon as I saw this photo, spouts of inspiration began violently darting around in my mind. I love the sunkissed, pure, youthful essence of the photo, and how it still evokes an underlying soft sensuality. 

I hope my inspirations have inspired you to find some inspiring inspirations! 

Let me know what's inspiring you!

No comments:

Post a Comment