Monday 6 July 2015

04/07/15 - A SPONTATNEOUS SATURDAY

Sometimes, your plans don't to go to plan.

Sometimes, you don't have to plan.

Sometimes, don't plan.


Sometimes - just get up and go. 



Spontaneity. 

Its a tricky one; half the time when I think I'm being spontaneous, I'm probably not, because somewhere in my mind, its already been thought through. Spontaneity doesn't warrant a thought process, spontaneity is fuelled by impulse, and being totally impulsive can sometimes be a challenge. 

Holly and I had plans for this Saturday, really really lovely plans - perfectly planned plans if I do say so myself. But, last minute, those plans went to pot, and there was nothing we could do about it. As hard as my brain may have tried, our hands were undoubtedly tied.

I was deflated, but I managed to begin the inflation process by sitting in the sun and listening to some music - a rather upbeat and cheerful Meghan Trainor to be precise. Then, a suggestion arose of going out. I opened up a group chat to consult with Mimi (who always knows best) about whether we should go out or not considering our wallowing, inexplicably and irrationally inconsolable state. 

'ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!' she says 'GO OUT AND EAT!'


So, under the strict orders of Mimi - We did. And it was lovely.



You think - 'I'm laying the garden, looking a lot less than 100% fabulous, with semi-greasy hair and slightly chipped nails. Oh? And did I even shave my legs yesterday? ...Nah. I'm not in a fit state to go out.' 

And then the clever part of your brain whispers in your ear - 'Ahhhhh. Go on then.'  

You get up, you make yourself look remotely presentable, and within in half an hour your with your homegal, cackling and nattering away like mothers at a school gate. 


Its so easy to think too much about everything - I'm one of those people, and sometimes it can cripple you. Sometimes it can con you out of having fun, out of having fun that isn't 'organised.' So stop with all that thinking malarkey, and just do what you feel. Eat the bloody brownie and INDULGE.


I had been wanting to do this very thing for such a long time; to simply go out on a Saturday evening for a bite to eat, and have a laugh. And this Saturday, I did just that. It was actually a really beautiful summers evening, and we ate outside, which made it even more of a delight.


It was liberating, to not be confined to plans and dates or times and schedules.

It was liberating to just get up and go

5 comments:

  1. Love this post so much! It's true, it's more often the spontaneous 'spur of the moment' plans that are the most fun because you're not expecting anything, you're just going with the flow. I'm currently planning a trip to Bath so I think I'll keep this in mind and not plan everything to the minute, it'll be nice to see what happens just by chance. Glad you had a lovely time!!

    -Nabeela x
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah wow, what a sweet comment! Thank you Nabeela, this means a lot!

      Bath! Ah lovely, I've heard its really nice?! You'll have to do a post all about your trip! But yes, I totally agree, do it! See where it takes you! I'm such an avid planner, so doing something spontaneous feels so alien - but its something we should embrace and never be scared of! :) Thank you again for commenting sweets!

      Courtney xox

      Delete
  2. I love those unplanned days with nothing to do but enjoy yourself, I hope to fill my weekends with these days this summer!

    & Projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spontaneous days are the best! I love unplanned days where you literally just go with the flow and the worlds your oyster. All this food looks absolutely incredible too, it's made me super hungry! x

    Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post... especially the brownie obvs ;)

    I'm so rubbish at being spontaneous, I like to have a plan but this looks great!
    The Sopho Diaries xx

    ReplyDelete