Tuesday 14 July 2015

TEA TIME : TWININGS CHERRY BAKEWELL GREEN TEA

I mean, there was no way I was putting this down.


New, consumable, discoveries get me excited in an uncontrollable, unguarded way - so as soon as I saw this, I knew there was no way I was leaving without it. 


Am I the only one that gets enjoyment from meticulously perusing the Tea section of supermarkets?

 I had frequently been tempted by Twinings Caramelised Apple, Salted Caramel, and Gingerbread offerings (especially the first two) but had always resisted - god knows why, maybe it was an innate intuition that something irrefutable was imminent...



I've been trying out different brands of Green Tea for a little while now; inclusive of Twinings, and more presently Tetley and PG Tips and I went through a stage where they started to make me a bit headache-y - and it was beginning to put me off.

After drinking this, and returning to Twinings, without intently trying to sound remotely supercilious, I now think it could be to do with the quality of the tea. I don't know the ins and outs of the tea varying brands are providing but all I can say that when drinking this, I noticed how velvety it was - much like when you drink a good coffee (re: Monmouth's cup of perfection.) 

It was also, might I add, admirably creamy, it actually tasted creamy...how is that even possible Twinings? How?!



It has a beautiful almond scent, reminiscent of the frangipane, with an underlying taste of vanilla; it was smooth, rich, and a real delight to drink - it's also perfectly ideal for stifling that mischievous hankering for cake that can creep up on you uninvitedly.

- TAKE THAT MR.KIPLING.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds delicious! I'm gonna have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes! Definitely do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds lovely and so yummy! I have tried a range of teas from the brand, but have never seen this one! Cannot wait to try it. Xx

    www.lunaweekend.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it really is! I'm so happy they've combined baked goods and green tea - definitely try it! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I spend ages in the tea aisle too! I love trying new green tea flavours, I'll definitely try this! I've been wanting to try the salted caramel tea for ages but I've not come across it in a shop yet.
    - Emily from http://www.emilyunderworld.co.uk ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. If we ever meet, you're definitely coming to the tea house! They have chocolate caramel flavour!

    www.scarletstate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete