Friday 24 April 2015

FRIDAYS INSPIRATIONS

I was browsing Daily Mail online this morn, and actually came across a little unexpected inspiration..


I absolutely am smitten with LA style, its so fresh and simple. Jessica Alba's sophisticated, yet easy breezy look personifies just that. I adore everything about this, right down to her bright pink water bottle and blue coffee cup. This look is so fun and bright, but still so enviably ladylike, even with the addition of a sweatshirt. Clubmasters, balyage, colbalt blue - Alba is fuelling me with some top class summer inspiration.


I love me some Miley, straight up. This look caught my attention because it reminded me of her style pre transformation into global megastar and eternal hot topic. I'm all about laid back, casual and comfortable, and this look is just that. I also really like the masculine vibe of the outfit, super chill with a subtle nod to that old school rocker look. It inspires me to practice not thinking too much about an outfit - I forget that the art of being effortless is to put no effort in. Duh. 


One of my major LA inspirations comes in the form of Boho goddess V-HUDGE. I found this picture on Daily Mail aswell and it inspired me in a way different to the others. Its not necessarily the most attractive photo of her, nor is she wearing something that makes me breakdown crying with envy like she normally does, but what enchants me is the beaming glow of good health and happiness in which she radiates in abundance. Her physique is inspirational, and her smile is infectious. She is currently on Broadway playing the title role in 'Gigi', I mean, she must be absolutely wrecked and yet this, to me, is not an image of a tired actress, but an image of a girl who is at the peak of her wellbeing, and who is clearly in love with her life.

It's so easy to look at celebrities simply for what they wear or the make up they put on their face, but after seeing this photo today, I have been inspired to live well and to strive to live a life I love. So, thank you V.

Effervescence is a beautiful thing. 







No comments:

Post a Comment