Saturday 25 April 2015

TO ME, LOVE ME

Only these past 2 years or so have I been fully into buying myself a birthday gift, and you know what, it genuinely feels so nice to treat yourself and know that you have that little extra something. You know yourself better than anyone, so it makes sense, right? I'm a sensible Susan; I spend within my means, so I've been thinking of potential presents from moi, to moi.


These two books have been on my amazon wishlist - amongst many others - for what feels like forever, and everytime I see someone post a photo on instagram of them, part of my heart crumbles away. I have flicked through 'How to be a parisian wherever you are' in Waterstones an unacceptable amount of times, and I just know 'Eat Pretty' is right up my street/city/world/universe (Nutrition AND Beauty. Ruddy'ell.) 

I've been itching like a 7 year old with head lice to get my hands on a high-end beauty product for some time now, and only recently did I think of Bobbi Brown. I've been a total swatch whore lately, showing a particular interest in these... 



YSL packaging is just, its just, its - just - thats all it is. Just. The product above is the YSL Volupte Tint-in-Oil, its such a unique product that nourishes the lips, but gives them a lovely glowy sheen; so stripped back and minimal. But then I wonder if its too little impact on the lips in comparison to its rather sizeable impact on the purse. I also had a look at every other YSL lip product on offer over the course of the 850 times I have visited various counters, and the other collection that interested me was...




YSL Rouge Pur Couture The Mats - 208 in particular was giving me serious visions.

 I think I just love the idea of having such an exceedingly satisfyingly beautiful and photogenic product perched on my shelf - owning a YSL product can count as a self-achievement right?



I said to myself at the beginning of the year; 

'If I get into Uni, I'll buy myself some earrings.' (you know, ones that don't turn your lobes green.)

I didn't do it. I mean, I treated myself a bit, but I didn't get earrings. I do need earrings. But I also want another dainty necklace, because I just absolutely adore layering them, it adds such an easygoing touch to an outfit. I got one just after Christmas as a present for myself, so I guess it would be only fitting to potentially follow suit and get another one for my birthday. Tehehehehe. 

Orelia is an easily accessible brand found in Topshop and other places, it has some really delicate pieces and the prices aren't too bad either. 


And then there's this ambrosial creation. (Scandalous by Victorias SecretI got a whiff of this when I visited Stratford back in, I think it was around February/March time, I wandered into the Victoria's Secret and dawdled over to their fragrance section. Now, I will say, its a very very sweet fragrance, not every ones cup of rosie-lee but its definitely a bit of me. Ever since the end of last year my taste in perfume has changed dramatically; from being continually drenched in anything by Marc Jacobs, to now being unable to find any joy in a bottle of Daisy. I'm all about the super sweet scents and this is just that. And I was even more sold when I read what the 'notes' were; raspberry liquer, black peony, and praline. (Its basically fruit, flowers and a box of guylian.) I mean, it sounds like a dessert right there. So divine, thou shall be mine. 


Long story short. Smelled a girl that had it on. Salivated profusely. Now I want it. 



When choosing what to get myself, I like to take into consideration things that I have wanted for a long time, but also things that I consider to be a real special treat; you know, something you wouldn't normally buy for yourself any other time of the year. Woe is me.

Lets be real, there are much worse decisions to be making. 




No comments:

Post a Comment