Friday 5 June 2015

EXPLORING LDN | SHOREDITCH - SHOPPIN'



What's the name? Of that shopping place? Near Shoreditch High Street station?...um. oh ffs. I can't remember for the life of -

Oh! OH! I've got it! - oh, wait, wait. No, no.

I know I know it. Its probably staring me right in the face. Muahahaha. Lolololololol.

I've been hearing about Boxpark for like, ever, so I was glad when I finally got to see it. Its so unique, and unlike any other shopping destination. Funnily enough, we didn't actually end up spending loads of time here because there was so much in the surrounding area to see, but what we did see of it we did really like. It has this very casual, chilled, nonchalant vibe, which allows you to comfortably drift aimlessly from one shop to another without the pressure of having to buy something.


I was so happy that Spitalfields was so close, so very very happy. I love the fact that we got to see and explore so much within such a small vicinity. Holly and I stood staring at this stall for a little while, debating whether to get a necklace made. We both love bar necklaces, and I've been on the look for another dainty necklace to pair with my Estella Bartlett one for a few months now. Before we go any further - we didn't buy them. BUT. BUT. I'm definitely keeping it in mind, and would without a doubt go back solely to get one.


I would want a word, a meaningful, motivational word - so as you can imagine, with all the will in the world, making a decision on what word to have is one that needs to be pondered over for more 5 minutes. Coz I'm famously indecisive like that. 


If not you can get your initial on a small disc, which was ANOTHER option we thought was super sweet and had to consider, making it all the more agonising. Options are so bittersweet.


We wandered into this shop on the outskirts of Spitalfields and fell in love. First of all - the name - Bethnals - I love it. Simple, memorable, authentic. 


The design and layout of the shop was just as beautiful as the clothes, and I nabbed one of these brochures in the picture to mull over at home. The general - much coveted - consensus was very minimalistic and basic, which is an aesthetic I find irresistible and have for a while now. Everything looked so well-made and thoughtful, and the chambray, granddad collar shirt folded up in the picture above had me at first glance. Understandably not cheap, this is the kind of place I would love to shop in when my bank account is financially flourishing, but even if its not, its still a true joy to go in there and pleasurably appreciate it on a visually gratifying level. 


Skilfully spotted by Holly - well done, pip - Anthropologie happened to fall right into our laps as we walked  floated out of COS in a euphoric, inspired daze. I didn't get to take many pictures in there, as I was too busy taking it all in, having never come across or been into the store before. Holly and I both bought one of the infamous monogram mugs each - which I still can't believe were only £6 and actually much more substantial than I'd imagined - and meandered around the store picking up plates and teacups and cute notebooks. I managed to snap this beautiful Olivia Burton watch though, which I tried on; Powder blue and Rose Gold - what a dreamy combo. 


Two bags. A whole lot of satisfaction. 

And that's all for my #shoreditchspam folks! 

I hope you've enjoyed this style of post, and keep an eye out for my next London escapade!


No comments:

Post a Comment