Wednesday 17 June 2015

I LOVE ASOS WHITE

OH, HAI THERE.

I only found out about this collection on ASOS a few months ago, and boy, oh, boy is it right up my alley. Given my current infatuation with clean, classic pieces and timeless shapes, ASOS white is singing loud and proud from my hymn sheet, so because of this, I thought I'd do an edit to show my adoration and appreciation;

(Many deep breaths are taken to prepare for the peruse of the picks...)


ASOS WHITE: EDIT



If there was only one thing I could buy from this collection, it would be this Denim Shirt Dress. Its perfect; the grandad collar, its ambiguous shape, its versatility. Its one of those pieces that you could reach for if you were lost for inspiration - its fail-safe, and reliable. I also love the idea of having it buttoned down and wearing it as a jacket - to be concise - its SUPER FRICKIN' COOL. Its just so cool.

 It would make me look cool.

















I'm on the hunt for 'the' perfect white shirt -  certainly not one of those translucent pieces of rag you see hanging in some shops. Soz, I'm a picky staple shopper. The addition of the yellow at the bottom of the shirt above is such a happy one, and makes it the perfect addition to a summer wardrobe; I love yellow, its so optimistic and bright.

If the models infectious smile isn't an indication of the power of the colour, then I don't know what is. 








I love a bomber jacket. Only recently have I realised the importance of having a bomber jacket to hand, it always finishes off an outfit when you feel something's missing. The mesh detailing, and white panelled trim on this screams sport luxe - ultra cool, and boyish, and it would also serve well as a dependable transitional piece.


 Denim shift dresses are having a fling with fashion at the moment, and I am someone that takes much pleasure from their appearance. Shift dresses suit my shape - well, most peoples really - and this is just everything I could want rolled into one. It is a little on the pricier side, but then one could argue its worth within regards to its position as a timeless staple within the wardobe - justification, justification, justification. 

I have a serious 'thing' for granddad collars. Super serious. I can't even eloquently explain why, its just one of those things that gives me much visual fulfilment. The awkward cut and shape of the shirt is what makes it such an interesting piece - perfect with some sliders and board shorts.

I think the reason I'm so smitten with this array of simplicity, is because it gives me 'straight off the catwalk' vibes. Its akin to pieces you might see from 'The Row', which is something that excites and beguiles me, plus - its the type of clothing you don't see in and amongst high street stores.

So well done ASOS, you've successfully filled a gaping hole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment