Thursday 28 May 2015

STUFF I DID #2 (MAY BANK HOLIDAY)

1) I made French toast.


I'd been wanting to make it for an age, but either never fancied it or, quite frankly, couldn't be bothered. Whilst happily scouring Pinterest for a recipe, I came across one for 'Fried Honey Banana', so to make it a little more interesting and somewhat challenging, I thought I'd have a go at that an'all!


It was actually super simple! I replaced the Honey with Maple Syrup (ma fave) and threw in some Bloobs because I liked the idea of warm fruit with the maple taste - YUM. 



Twas lovely. The perfect home-made Sunday brunch. Indulgent, filling, easy, but surprisingly enough, not as HORRIFIC for you health wise as it looks. Its like having dessert for breakfast...and who wouldn't want that?! 

2) Recieved late birthday gifts




Birthday presents in the form of Primark pyjama bottoms are just pure WIN. I'd been eyeing up the biscuit ones for the longest time, and am so happy they're now mine. I literally love them so much; Primark pyjama bottoms make me super haps!

3) Nails: painted


I got this shade for my birthday as a little extra gift from someone for my birthday; its a No7 polish in the shade 'Neptune'. I've never used No7 nail polish before, so didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised. The brush was rounded and fat - which I love - it allows for an easy application and helps with neatness since the shape of the brush compliments the shape of the cuticle. The colour itself is a good mixture of navy and grey, a colour I don't have in my collection, and with a slick of a glossy top coat, looks uber chic and polished. (Pardon the pun.)

4) Found more beautiful things on Pinterest...



So. Seriously. How BEAUTIFUL is this cafe?! When having my nightly scour of Pinterest before bed, I found this and fell in love. Aesthetics, aesthetics, aesthetics. Simplicity, minimalism - just gawjus dahhhhling. OH! and the name! Oh so cute. I would love to go here very much. *adds to list with an unavoidable urgency



So charming and elegant. Just so very perfect. Beautiful. Like I said in a previous post, its looking at places like this that fill me with drive and ambition.


I was so happy when this popped up during my peruse; this place is on my list - 'THE LIST' - along with other Scandinavian bakeries, but I never managed to remember to research what it looked like. Funnily enough, I was talking to a Swedish native with whom I work with, who has visited Scandinavian bakeries in London, and she highly recommended this one, saying it was the most authentic she had been to - how can I possibly ignore that recommendation! It looks so warm and inviting and homely; its makes me even more eager to visit!

5) 'FITSPO' Findings



Simple. To the point. Honest. 

'I'll go tomorrow' runs through the mind of most people with a gym membership, and this 'no excuses', ballsy approach slapping you in the face is, sometimes, just what you need to get your, potentially exceptionally pert, bottom into gear. Its a perfect line to remember on one of those days.


When I first joined the gym, and for a good while after, I saw cardio as 10-20 minutes of torture. I really did not enjoy it, at all. But now, I enjoy it; I'm a slave to the treadmill. I tend to do between 30-45 minutes on the treadmill, and it really does make me think about nothing else but running and my body and how much I'm bloody sweating. Running clears my mind of whatever its worrying about, it genuinely helps me to think clearer, and it feeds me with ideas and inspiration for anything from food to blog posts to photo shoots. By the end of it, I am absolutely dripping, and I mean, D-R-I-P-P-I-N-G with sweat, and it feels so bloody good. Achievement never looked so sweaty.



Of course a bit of Instagram inspiration never goes amiss! I've been following Carly Rowena ever since I found her on Youtube a year ago, her approach to fitness and health is positive, attainable, and welcoming. I love how colourful and optimistic her feed always is, and I especially appreciate how she doesn't shun having indulgent treats! I percieve her outlook to be big on happiness, and how a well rounded healthy lifestyle helps to make you just that. It really does.

I was introduced to The Body Coach by my brother; his accessible, original and charismatic recipe clips are pure win. I have been going on there for meal inspiration and am never left unsatisfied. Top class. Amazing. FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW. 

6) Made some tasty grub




Simple sweet potato mash, mountain of broccoli and red pepper smoked mackerel - which I've never had before but was totally lush. There's nothing more satisfying than eating a well-rounded, wholesome meal! Healthy doesn't mean complicated or expensive! 

Hope y'all enjoyed your Bank Holiday!












No comments:

Post a Comment