Thursday 21 May 2015

STUFF I DID #1

Since my birthday, I've been out and about doing bits of shopping hurrr and thurrr. Someday's I've been out and found absolutely nothing. Nada, not a bean, and other days my arms are chock full with goodies; because when it goes right, I get that rush and I'm on a rollllllllllllllllll!


On a quest for basics and staples, H&M have really proved themselves to me. I wasn't a huge champion of H&M, in the past I have found it to be very hit&miss (eh eh see what I did there) with the quality and fit and overall selection. This was my second time venturing in there with birthday dollar in hand - having had a rather successful trip a week prior - and I was even more pleased than before, this time round was even more triumphant than the last!


  •  I was on the hunt for some grey joggers, and the ones above fitted perfectly, were super comfy and easy on the purse. My reasoning behind my desire was the thought of encompassing the whole smart/casual Scandinavian look, pairing them with a white shirt, a white tee like above,or maybe a v-neck cami ; I really love their uncomplicated feel. 
  • My next purchase wasn't planned, but was lurking in the back of my Pinterest saturated mind; a pair of straight leg trousers. I bought a navy pair; I'm really loving navy, especially since I saw it smothered over most AW/15 collections during fashion week. They once again fitted perfectly, are rather flattering and only £14.99! They were giving me major Parisian premonitions, paired with a simple grey tee, layered necklaces and minimal sandals - magnifique! 
  • My last purchase was this gorgeous sleeveless, grey, turtle-neck top and it was an absolute steal at only £12.99! If you copped a feel of this top, you would understand by enthused nature. The material is quick thick, which is what helps it to retain such a structured aesthetic. I genuinely thought it was going to be around £25, easily, because of the quality of it, so was elated when I realised it was much less. Once again, it gave me Parisian premonitions, was complimentary on the bod and really was the embodiment of 'chic.' Although its just a sleeveless top, I feel it has this ladylike, classic beauty and a somewhat maturing quality. Its the kind of thing I would see on someone else and covet; that's how I knew it had to come home avec moi!



On Saturday I tried on an array of trainers, this quest was getting all kinds of serious and I needed to find out all my 'varying' sizes. These caught my eye. I have always strayed away from Roshe Runs as a potential winner of my affection, because I always questioned their potentially unforgiving look on the/my feet, and the fact that they aren't the most weatherproof shoe. BUT. They looked really nice. I actually have been looking at these aswell because they appear to look more durable and structured;




....but these are £94.99. Which is a bit of a financial bomb on my bank account. But I'm still smitten.


Instagram made me do it. 

I had an uncontrollably powerful desire to get a frappucino at 5pm on a Saturday eve, and I was going to make it happen. I hadn't been to Starbucks in about a month, and I hadn't had a frappucino in about a year and a half, and when I found out about the new addition to the menu I was all for it. The Java Chip frappucino was delish, real good. I recently read a bit more into the secret menu, and came across a Ferrero Rocher frappucino, and now I can't get the idea out of my head. I reallllllllllllly want to try one, but just don't want to risk looking like an absolute twerp if they don't know what I'm talking about. One day Courtney, one day. 




In other news, I have found yet another absolutely dreamy bakery in London that I want to visit - I mean, this is just getting out of hand. Its actually becoming hard for me when I find somewhere new, because I know I've got to add it to the exceedingly long list of places I must go to. BUT, if all things go accordingly, I shall be merrily strolling into Cutter and Squidge this Saturday!

If not, I may just HAVE to go alone. And eat cake. Alone.

... And that's ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment