Monday 25 May 2015

MONDAY MOTIVE

Just sharing some things I've come across that have given me a spurt of positivity and motivation... 


As soon as I found this late Saturday night, I couldn't help myself from sharing it across my most used social media. You can spend so long trying to find adequate quotes to sum up how you feel, or how you want to feel, but most of the time it can be succinctly put into one word. This is a 'power word' for me; one to always remember. Its a perfect image, so whimsical and understated; I absolutely adore watercolour-esque illustration, and so teamed with a word that I will now hold onto forever more, its fitting. (like a glove, to be precise) 


This is a photo of a street in Fitztrovia that I found on Pinterest over the weekend. So cute. So homely and authentic and cosy. It makes me think of the kind of place I'd love to live, and refreshes and resurfaces the image I have for myself in however many years time. As cliché or possibly cringe-tastic as it sounds; it helps me to envisage my future goals, and my future self. It reminds me of all the positive things that lie ahead, all the things I have to look toward and that hopefully one day I'll be walking on these cobblestones up to my front door. (insert praying emoji) 


I love this. 

Changing my wallpaper on my phone is something small I look forward to that always makes me cheerful. I look at my phone god knows how many times a day, so it makes sense for it to display something that I, well, that I find a visual treat. Sometimes I'll want a quote, but recently I've been loving just having a print or illustration. I love watercolour, as I've said before, and when on the search for that I found this. Its so - for want of a better word - quirky. I think my deep-rooted love comes from the fact that for some reason it reminds me of GIRLS (One of my, if not my no.1, favourite shows EVAH) I would love this as a print on a shirt or tote or phone case, and its the kind of print I could imagine Hannah from GIRLS wearing. Its just so wonderfully fun and feminine.


Sometimes it really is just the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment