Sunday 23 August 2015

'HOLBORN > HOXTON & BACK' - A LDN PHOTO DIARY ( 22 / 08 / 15)



The image below displays your dreams becoming a reality.


I am going to this place. 

We walked through Hoxton and I fell in love.

 I am absolutely itching to go back and explore some more.


It was a beautifully ingĂ©nue moment when we literally stumbled upon 'BIRD' along with The Doughnut Hatch. I've been perving on this place for the longest time on the old faithful ( instagram ) and so, when this popped up before my eyes I most definitely had a fangirl moment. 

- y'all can fangirl over your Harry Styles and Ryan Gosling; I got my chicken and waffles. I'm good.

I love it when you completely forget about something's existence, and then get that feeling of uncontrollable, untainted elation upon its rediscovery.



I spotted this sign as the train pulled in.

 I love these slices of history stamped on the buildings of London.


Although I sweated like no other, and spent every moment wishing to remove my clothes in the faint hope of relief from the sweltering heat, I cannot deny that today - the 22nd of August 2015 - was a beauty. I can vividly recall the feeling of my boiling body temperature with every image I view.


Instead of utilising public transport, we decided to partake in a 2 mile walk from Holborn (Central London) > Shoreditch (East London).

It gave us a chance to soak up the surprisingly serene Saturday afternoon, and to spot stunning scenery like this beautiful derelict church and an accompanying quaint garden in amidst this heavily grey-toned part of London.


Je suis arrivé.


One of the spontaneous aims of the day was to seek Vintage. 

And seek vintage we did.


I find that a lot of  vintage items always seem to be so overpriced, or unjustifiable, so I was happily surprised to see how affordable a lot of the pieces on offer were. 

They had an amazing strappy shift dress made from a Levi denim shirt which was so sweet, and tonnes of other lovely pieces. I'd definitely recommend a wander if you're in the area and its on!

- I know I'll be back for a mooch!



We continued on a little further down Brick Lane, and wandered down a road just off of the infamous strip.


The road was tranquil and transporting,  full of imperfections and shabby exteriors: all exuding a beguiling beauty.



Take a turn.

See where it leads.

1 comment: