Friday 4 September 2015

WANDERLIST WANTS | JUMPERS

We're 4 days into September, and you need to lock me up and throw away the key; because I am 100% GUILTY of jumper hunting. 







New Look and I have had a tumultuous, long standing relationship.

We were BFF's way back when; they saw me through my secondary school years and then the flame died, and its reignition occurs very seldom.

But, nevertheless, New Look remains a hub of reasonable priceson trend pieces and although everything might not be to your taste, if you sift through the rails, its an undeniable fact that you can always find something to suit your style.





1 // GREY TURTLE NECK SWEATER - £14.99 - This was the first piece I fell in love with on New Look when I began my browse. Its everything I want from a jumper this season; this turtle neck/step neck is my total obsession right now, its so flattering and gives me major Pinterest vibes - bcoz that's a 'thing' dontchaknow. I want this to have in my wardrobe for Uni, as its one of those effortlessly stylish and casual pieces that you can always rely on; I'm thinking with some navy straight leg trousers and trainers, maybe a little pinstripe shirt peaking from underneath - VIBES, MAJOR VIBES GUISE.

2 // CAMEL HIGH NECK JUMPER - £14.99 - The Camel was giving me all kinds of butterflies. This season I am going to dive into a pool of Camel, Navy, Grey and Black, and I think this colour paired with some navy trousers (can you see a pattern forming?) would look enviably simplistic, classic, and so beautifully refined. Ideally, I'd want it to be very fitted, creating a delicately svelte silhouette up top, contrasting to the androgynous regimentation of the bottom half; it would have the potential to be a total power outfit. Think Parisian; think demure; think an unobtrusive affirmation of self. 

3 // GREY LONG SLEEVED WIDE RIBBED TOP - £14.99 - This the kind of figure hugging fit I was just rambling on about; it gives you that understated allure and makes you feel slender and feminine. I recently saw a top like this on ASOS in Camel which is actually another ideal addition to this collation of knitwear, and it was styled so effortlessly; with black skinnies, Nikes and a shirt tried round the waist, and I think that's the kind of style I'd go for with this piece. Subtle super 90's skater chick.

4 // GREY HIGH NECK TUNIC - £22.99 - Its the traditional autumnal addition, but with an added inclusion of cool. Ditch your chunky, cumbersome Aran knits for this cosy, more modernised tunic. I envision this a little more oversized, so maybe getting it in a size or two up - nothing screams cosy more than sleeves too long for your arms - and wearing it with some ankle grazer black skinnies and the zip brogues featured in this post here. Paired with a cascading up do and a little chain strap bag, you'll be looking like you've stepped straight out of a Parisian street style bible - fabuleux.



What are your autumnal essentials?

Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment