Sunday 13 September 2015

10/09/15 - RETREAT CAFE - KINGLY COURT

Kingly Court is one of my favourite places in London: a secluded area nestled within one of the most infamous areas of our capital city.


Its also home to this little slice of serenity that sits unassumingly on the top floor...




RETREAT CAFE : SOHO

- A fitting spot for an overdue catch-up - 


Quaint, peaceful and wonderfully cheerful, I am totally smitten with this little gem; I cannot wait to go back, the fact of which has been reiterated during the editing process of the photos taken... 


With Jess being a qualified PT/health bunny/general fitness goddess - go check out her blog www,alltheworld-blog.com and tell her I sent you! Its such a sweet, sincere read - and me also being an appreciator of all things nutritionally beneficial, I scoped out The Retreat Cafe for us to visit: something to fulfil both of our needs! We were greeted by the very lovely, very accommodating Shareefa (so sorry if I'm butchering the spelling) who informed and advised us on the overwhelmingly enticing menu. We were about to go for a a salad and a coffee when Jess spotted an amazing lunch deal:

1 x Salad/Soup/Stew
1 x Smoothie/Juice 
1 x Sweet Treat 

= £12

- its safe to say we were super chuffed.


We went and sat down by the window, whilst the girls blended up our smoothies and brought over our salads. I can't for the life of me remember everything that was in the salad, but what I do know is that we got a mix of the three available, and that it was delicious, wholesome, and looked like this;


I particularly enjoyed the generous chunks of sweet potato, so so tasty - and there was a sharp zing of fresh lemon engrossed in the dish that was most definitely pleasing to the taste-buds. It was a really inspiring dish actually, because after the salad consuming season of Summer, its very easy to get bored with salads - but this showed me how to keep them interesting and flavourful; I refuse to give up the greenery just yet!

-  I really loved the cutlery aswell, so pretty and shabby chic!


I fancied something sweet and creamy, so went with the 'Banana Warrior' which consisted of; banana, cinnamon, milk, hemp seed oil, and honey. It was beautiful, and tasted so indulgent, the perfect treat to follow after my very cleansing salad. After my first mouthful, my eyes opened wider that ever before and I vigorously nodded to Jess - oh god, that's so good. I always gravitate towards the thicker smoothies as opposed to juices, and its the same with what I opt to make at home, I just find them so satisfying and filling; infact I'm gonna be making these at home all week long now!



Our sweet treat was the choice of 1 of 2 energy balls, and myself and Jess both opted for the 'Seasonal Energy Ball' - and once again I can't remember much of its contents; I'm pretty certain it contained goji berries, and dates and oats? Oh I can't bloody remember - oh, coconut? I'm pretty certain I tasted coconut - IT WAS REALLY LOVELY. They were wonderfully squidgy and the perfect accompaniment to finish off such a flavoursome meal. Once again, like everything I consumed whilst at the cafe, I want to make these at home, although I know that once I make them I will want to eat 4 in one go! These would be perfect to have lying around the house when the 4'o'clock snack monster comes a'knockin, or to pop in my lunch to take to Uni - a nutritious, and delightfully delectable option!

(What an amazing deal though?! I'll undoubtedly be taking advantage of that bad boy again!)


What I love about this total treasure of a cafe is that, as pictured above, they are gluten, dairy and sugar free, and its that fact that makes me severely yearn to go back and try their baked goodies on offer! They had a banana bread innocently perched right under my nose which looked so moist and so very enticing...


When we were ready to leave the girls had chopped up one of their flapjacks to try, so we munched on those whilst nattering away about cupcakes and pizza-trading! Its thoughtful and welcoming touches like that that make you want to return!


I really cannot wait to return to the Retreat Cafe after having such a pleasant and enjoyable experience, and I have already planned to go back one day on my own aswell: take my laptop, order a coffee or a smoothie, have one of their counter treats and do some work. Its a charming change from the usual coffee shop chains: its so tranquil and easy going, and most importantly, you are confident that when you go there, the choices you are making are guaranteed to nourish your body in some way. 

Big love to you, and I'll be back ASAP!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment